Sharing a Product Link with a Customer
How to share a product link that takes your customer directly to your personal site
Sharing a product is super easy with AMI. You can choose to share a product with a certain contact or share a product link generally, like to your Facebook business page. You can track the number of views for each of these product shares as well. Note: When you share a general product link, you will not be able to see who viewed it due to privacy regulations.
How to share a product link from AMI
- Tap the Product Tab (middle icon, with the magnifying glass)
- In the search field, type the product name you’re looking for (if something specific) or you can tap on the category icons to browse for the product you'd like to share
- Tap the product once you search or browse to find it to view more details about it
- In the upper, right-hand corner, tap Share to share the product. This will populate a variety of options:
- Copy link: This can be shared anywhere you'd like. You could, for example, copy the link and place it in a comment on Facebook.
- Share on Facebook: A link is copied to your clipboard and will open Facebook for you. You will then need to paste this in a post on Facebook.
- Share directly with a contact stored in AMI: Search for a contact in AMI to send a link directly to them through any communication channel available for that contact.
To share with a specific contact, select Option C from above, and search for your contact by name. Their contact page will populate a list of communication options available for this contact based on the data you have entered. If, for example, you don’t have a phone number stored in AMI for that individual, it will not give you the text message option.
- If you choose Text, AMI will auto-populate suggested verbiage. This offers a great starting point but is easily modified, and we suggest doing so in order to personalize your message.
- If you choose Email, AMI will again populate with suggested verbiage; however, you will need to enter a subject line. As with the text message, you are free to modify as you see fit. We also suggest adding a signature.
- To send via Facebook Messenger, tap Messenger, and it will open a blank message to your contact. You must hit Paste for the verbiage to populate, and then edit as you see fit.
Track link views
You will be able to track all the views for any products you share on the Personal Dashboard tab (left-most tab). or from the Contact profile for any links shared directly to a contact.
- Personal Dashboard: Tap the Shares circle at the top, right-hand section of the Personal Dashboard to see all links every shared and track the number of views.
- Contact Profile: Find the contact you shared a product with from the Contacts tab. View their profile to find the product shared with them in the timeline.