Importing Customers via Phone Contacts
Turn your phone book into your business leads
If you are like many sellers, your friends and family are your customers. Particularly if you are just starting out, you most likely will launch your business by initially reaching out to family and friends. You may find it quicker to import contact information directly from your phone. AMI has the ability to mass import all contacts. You can choose to do this when setting up your account for the first time.
To import your phone contacts after you have signed up (or pull in new contacts that were added directly to your phone), follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Account tab (right most tab, gear icon).
- Click on the Filter and import contacts option under the Account header.
- Tap the Import from phone button at the bottom. This takes a few moments to import.
- Tap on the Contacts tab to view contacts imported from your phone.
Note: If contacts on your phone were already in AMI, AMI will not create a second record of them in the app if their name and at least one piece of contact information matches. If the information doesn't match, you can always merge contacts manually on your own in AMI.
Filter out your contacts from your phone book
Once you import your phone book, you may not want to include all contacts in your AMI contacts list. We recommend doing the following:
- Categorize all your phone contacts important to connect to about your business by categorizing them
- Filter out the uncategorized phone contacts by following the steps below
- Go to the Account tab in AMI
- Tap the Filter and import contacts row
- Tap the row at the top with the words Hide uncategorized imported phone contacts
- Tap Yes
Now, only your phone contacts with contact categories will be visible in the Contacts tab. You can change this at any time.