Filtering your contacts by categories allows you to search for various groups quickly and easily. Want to look up all of your preferred customers or recruit prospects? Here's how.
Contact categories can help you search for a specific contact as well as a category of contacts. For example, you may want to search for all team members to send them each a note, cheering them on as the end of the month nears. If you've categorized your team contacts in AMI, you can easily filter for just your team members.
Before filtering your contacts, be sure you've categorized your contacts*!
*Note that AMI automatically categorizes any of your contacts who have made a purchase (either recorded manually or synced from your back office) as a Customer as well as automatically categorizes Customer Prospects when given a sample and/or the contact was manually added.
How to filter your contacts by contact categories
- Navigate to the Contacts tab.
- Tap on the teal filter icon (to the right of the search field).
- This will take you to the Filter Search screen. Here you will see a list of all available contact categories.
- Tap any of the contact categories to filter by them.
- You can also clear all filters by tapping the Reset all filters button at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you have selected the filters you wish to apply, tap the Search button at the top right corner of the screen. This will navigate you back to the Contacts tab. *Note that the Contacts tab will list all categories you have filtered by under the search field. Only the contacts with these categories (and matching the search you've done if there is anything typed in the search field) will now be visible.
- You can update the contact category filters at any time by tapping the teal filter icon to the right of the search field. Follow steps 4-6 to update your contact search results.
A few things to note about filtering your contacts
- You can filter for contacts with any number of categories associated with them (selecting multiple categories means the resulting contacts will have at least one of the categories you've filtered by).
- You can filter by category as well as search by name.