Send text messages via WhatsApp on AMI.
If you prefer to send text messages via WhatsApp, and you already have WhatsApp installed on your mobile device, you can enable the WhatsApp option in Settings.
- Navigate to your Account tab. (The gear icon in the lower app toolbar.)
- Scroll down until you see the Contacts section.
- Tap on Contacts settings.
- Under Messaging Channels, tap on Enable text messaging via WhatsApp.
- Toggle the Enable WhatsApp switch to on.
- Tap on Save.
Once you've enabled text messaging via WhatsApp, you'll see WhatsApp as a messaging option for all contacts with a valid phone number attached. You will see this as an option everywhere in AMI where you're able to send a message (contact profile, To Dos, shares, etc.).
Tapping the WhatsApp button will open WhatsApp with a message pre-populated with the appropriate message template. Feel free to customize the message before hitting send!
Note: The contact's phone number will also need to be associated with WhatsApp. Make sure your contact already uses WhatsApp to receive text messages.