Collecting Payments: Social Payments
Now that you've setup your account to accept payments through social payment apps like Venmo, PayPal or Cash app, you can now make sure to collect payments for orders in person. This can be used in 1:1 payment collection or at an event.
The information detailed in this article is for a feature currently in beta testing. If you are interested in being a beta participant, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to collect a payment via social payments
- You will first want to make sure you capture your Customer's contact information in AMI before collecting a payment. Add them as a new contact and ask for one piece of contact information at a minimum (cell phone number or email is preferred).
- Then tap the big plus button at the bottom, right-hand corner when viewing their profile and tap "Record an order." Follow all the steps to record the purchase in the app.
- Once you tap "Complete" at the top, right-hand corner, you will see a button appear near the top with the label "Record Order and Checkout." Tap this button.
- You will see buttons near the top under the "Invoice for..." heading. One of the buttons has the label "Send Invoice." Tap this button.
- This will give you the option to share the invoice using any of the communication channels available to you. this includes Text, Facebook Messenger, Email or simply copying the link. If you tap anything but the "Copy link" button, a pre-filled template will appear. You can update this message template by going to Account tab > "Message Templates > "Cold message templates" > "Send an order invoice."
- And that's it! Your customer will receive an invoice which is a mini web link they can view anywhere. It will include the ability to send you a payment through any of your configured the Social payment apps in 1 click, since AMI fills out the amount they owe for you.
How to record a payment via social payments
The most difficult thing to remember for social payments is whether your customer has paid you if they did not swipe a credit card in front of you. AMI is currently working on a new To Do to remind you whether a customer has paid. To help AMI know who to reach out to as a friendly reminder, AMI has a way for you to mark an order as paid. Here is how
- Visit the contact profile for your Customer who paid for a purchase using social payments
- Find the order they paid for and tap the Edit link to the right of the first item from the purchase
- Tap the "Record Order and Checkout" button
- Tap "Mark Paid" button near the top
Congratulations! That's it!