Collecting Payments: Point of Sale
How to collect payments from customers from either a credit card swipe or by entering their credit card information using our Square and PayPal Here connections.
Before you get started, make sure you've:
- Setup your point of sale payment app connections to AMI. You will also want to make sure you have the app installed. Note that PayPal Here support is currently only available for iOS devices.
- Make sure your customer is in the AMI app. You can easily add the customer yourself or hand your phone to your customer and ask them to enter this information. You could also share your AMI Contact Form link at an event to easily add many customers at once without typing information yourself.
How to collect a payment via credit card in person
- Find the Contact tab in AMI by tapping the person icon on the toolbar at the bottom. Search for your customer by their name and tap their name when it appears.
- Tap the big plus button at the bottom, right-hand corner when viewing their profile and tap the Record an order button. Follow all the steps to record the purchase in the app.
- Once you tap Complete at the top, right-hand corner, you will see a circular button in teal with a label below that says Checkout. Tap this button.
- If you wish to add fees (Taxes, Shipping, etc) you can specify them by tapping the Edit Fees link above the Total in the Purchase Summary. Fees that can be specified are 1) Shipping 2) Sales tax 3) Other Fees (which can include a discount by including a - character at the front).
- Once you've reviewed the purchase summary, tap the green Charge card button. If you only have either Square or PayPal Here setup, this will immediately open either app.
- Your preferred point of sale app will open up with the pre-filled amount owed to you. Follow the appropriate steps to complete the transaction.
And that's it! You can also choose to tap Send Invoice after collecting the payment. This will make sure your Customer receives a receipt of what they purchased and have an easy way to reach out to you if they have any questions.
Congratulations on getting paid!