Collecting Payments: Point of Sale
Now that you've setup your account to accept payments through the Point of Sale apps Square or PayPal Here, you can now make sure to collect payments for orders in person. This can be used in 1:1 payment collection or at an event.
The information detailed in this article is for a feature currently in beta testing. If you are interested in being a beta participant, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
How to collect a payment via credit card in person
- You will first want to make sure you capture your Customer's contact information in AMI before collecting a payment. Add them as a new contact and ask for one piece of contact information at a minimum (cell phone number or email is preferred).
- Then tap the big plus button at the bottom, right-hand corner when viewing their profile and tap "Record an order." Follow all the steps to record the purchase in the app.
- Once you tap "Complete" at the top, right-hand corner, you will see a button appear near the top with the label "Record Order and Checkout." Tap this button.
- You will see buttons at the top with labels "Checkout with Square" or "Checkout with PayPal Here" (or both!) depending on the app you prefer using to collect payments.
- If you wish to add fees (Taxes, Shipping, etc) you can specify them by tapping the "Add Fees" link about the "Total" in the Purchase Summary. Fees that can be specified are 1) Shipping 2) Taxes 3) Other Fees.
- Tap either of the Checkout options at the top. This will open up either Square or PayPal Here apps to swipe or enter credit card information. Note that AMI is never made aware of any credit card information. It is simply making it easier to record customer and order information and easily open up your preferred Point of Sale app.
And that's it! You can also choose to tap "Send Invoice" after collecting the payment. This will make sure your Customer receives a receipt of what they purchased and have an easy way to reach out to you if they have any questions.