Collecting Payments: Point of Sale
Now that you've setup your account to accept payments through the Point of Sale apps Square or PayPal Here, you can now make sure to collect payments for orders in person. This can be used in 1:1 payment collection or at an event.
The information detailed in this article is for a feature currently in beta testing. If you are interested in being a beta participant, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
How to collect a payment via credit card in person
- You will first want to make sure you capture your Customer's contact information in AMI before collecting a payment. Add them as a new contact and ask for one piece of contact information at a minimum (cell phone number or email is preferred).
- Then tap the big plus button at the bottom, right-hand corner when viewing their profile and tap "Record an order." Follow all the steps to record the purchase in the app.
- Once you tap "Complete" at the top, right-hand corner, you will see a circular button in teal with a label below that says "Checkout." Tap this button.
- If you wish to add fees (Taxes, Shipping, etc) you can specify them by tapping the "Add Fees" link above the "Total" in the Purchase Summary. Fees that can be specified are 1) Shipping 2) Taxes 3) Other Fees.
- You will now see a screen with a circular button in green with a label below that says "Charge card." Tap this button. Note: if you use both Square and PayPal Here, tapping this button will give you both options to process the payment. If you only use one, you'll automatically be sent to your point of sale app of choice.
And that's it! You can also choose to tap "Send Invoice" after collecting the payment. This will make sure your Customer receives a receipt of what they purchased and have an easy way to reach out to you if they have any questions.