Configuring AMI to connect to payment apps
The information detailed in this article is for a feature currently in beta testing. If you are interested in being a beta participant, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
Before AMI can help you collect payments for purchases from customers, AMI needs to know which apps you can use to collect payments. AMI has two categories of payments 1) Social payments 2) Point of sale. To configure the apps you use to collect payments, you will want to: follow these steps:
- Open the Sell with AMI app
- Tap Configure accounts under the Payments blue headline
You can then configure your Social payments and Point of sale apps.
Social Payments are when customers purchase from you online or are close friends that you feel comfortable asking for payment through apps like Venmo, PayPal or Square's Cash app. Note that you do need to make sure these customers actually complete the payment, those AMI allows you to record a payment from a social payment.
How to configure Social payments
Tap "Social payments" in the Collect Payments settings page and tap any of our three Social payment services to set up the links. Not that when specifying your links, you can tap the "Test link" buttons to confirm the link points to you. Don't forget to tap Save once you have confirmed the link.
- For Venmo, you will want to enter your Venmo handle (everything after the '@' symbol). You can look this up in the Venmo app by tapping the three-line button (called 'hamburger menu') on the top, left-hand corner. You will find your handle under your name displayed as @handle.
- For PayPal, you will need a PayPal.me link and will need to specify everything after paypal.me/.
- For Cash App, you will need a $Cashtag and will need to specify everything after https://cash.app in AMI
How to configure Point of sale payments
- Tap Point of sale in the Configure accounts section under Payments.
- Tap either Square or PayPal Here (or both!) if you already have both apps installed on your phone and have already setup accounts. Note: PayPal Here is currently only available for iOS devices. If you would like to use PayPal Here and have an Android device, please let us know by sending us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tap the payment method(s) you accept, and then be sure to turn on the toggle for each and tap "Save" at the top, right-hand corner. You will see a green check appear if the apps are set as available.
Now you can start collecting payments via AMI!