Easily download all of your contacts from the AMI Desktop Portal
Do you want to access all of your contacts at once to create mailing labels or to send newsletters? Or do you want to update many contacts at once? An organized document containing all of your contacts is available for download any time from the Desktop Portal.
In order to download all of your contacts from AMI, you'll first want to navigate to the Desktop Portal and sign into your AMI account.
- Once you've logged in, find the Contacts tab on the side navigation panel.
- Click on Contacts, and then find Export Contacts.
- Clicking on the "Download" button will begin the export and a CSV file will begin downloading. If for any reason the file does not immediately begin to download, this link will retry the download.
- Once the download has completed, you'll have a CSV containing all contact information for all of your contacts in AMI!
Updating Multiple Contacts
You can also use the export feature to make multiple updates to your contacts at once by exporting your full contacts file, making your updates, and then re-uploading the file.
- Once you have your CSV by following the steps above, you can edit the file using Excel, Google Spreadsheets, or Numbers.
- Make any and all edits to your existing contacts. Be sure to not change any of the column headers (row 1) since this will cause errors when you re-upload your file.
- After you've finished editing your contacts, save the file as a .CSV. More help with CSV files and formatting can be found here.
- Find Upload Contacts on the side navigation panel and re-upload your newly edited CSV file by following these instructions.
- Once your upload has finished, all edits made to your contacts will be visible in AMI!
For more help with CSV files and uploading contacts, take a look at this article.