Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to questions on the top of your mind!
1. How often are the products in the mobile product catalog updated?
This varies by company and can be anywhere from daily, to weekly, or monthly depending on how often products are released and whether we have a Partnership with your company. If you don't see a product that was recently launched in the app, please reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make sure to get that added as soon as possible.
2. Do you show promotions in the product catalog?
We show promotions that are visible to any of your customers on the website. If there is a current promotion that is not reflected in the app, please contact email@example.com.
3. I just added a contact and/or some of their contact information into Sell with AMI. Can I access this from my back office?
We cannot put information in your back office system on your behalf without your company formally enabling this integration. You will be notified when your account is created if this option is available.
4. Why can't my Android device download Sell with AMI?
AMI currently only supports Android 6.0 or higher.
5. How do I record samples I've given in the app?
Follow the steps in this article: https://help.maven.app/article/14-samples-follow-ups
6. How do I record individual customer purchases in a bulk/group order?
Follow the steps in this article: https://help.maven.app/article/23-splitting-group-orders
7. I keep getting To Dos saying to follow up with myself. How do I turn these off?
If your company has a partnership, you may be getting a reminder to reach out to yourself. You can turn off these reminders by categorizing your contact record as "me" (if there's multiple records of you under different variations of your name, you can also merge them together before categorizing yourself as "me").
8. Can I use AMI on my iPad or Android tablet?
Absolutely! AMI does work on your iPad (iOS 9.0 or higher) and Android tablet (Android 6.0 or greater required), though it was designed for optimal use on a mobile phone.
9. I post personal and business photos on my Instagram account. Does AMI post my personal photos on my Social Shop?
We never post any Instagram photos on your Social Shop without your review. Many of our sellers have an Instagram account they use for personal and professional use. In fact, these types of accounts actually have the best success because it shows your followers the authenticity of your personal brand.
After you link your Instagram account, AMI will begin creating To Dos to tag your posts. Tag products in your posts that feature products in your catalog. You can also tag the opportunity to join or host for your company in your posts, so be creative! For any posts that are too personal or not applicable for your Social Shop, simply select “no” when AMI asks whether the post features products. This ensures AMI will never post the personal photo in your Social Shop.
10. I'm not seeing my Instagram posts show up when I get a prompt to tag posts.
Instagram requires your profile to be public in order for this functionality to work. We absolutely recommend making your profile public to make it discoverable for potential customers or leads. If you'd prefer hiding personal and family photos, we recommend making a profile specifically for your business. Here is a great overview on IGTV by our Head of Community, Janessa, on how to use Instagram for your business.
11. I’m concerned about syncing my back office with Sell with AMI. How do I know my data will be secure?
We take security very seriously. Our cofounders previously built HR systems for Fortune 500 companies, so we know a lot about what it takes to keep data secure. If back office syncing has been enabled for you, that means the company you sell for has worked with us to ensure the service we provide is secure.
Our promise to you from a data security standpoint is:
- We keep your data encrypted to prevent it from being leaked.
- No one from our team will ever access your credentials for your back office or contact a customer on your behalf.
- We will not store customer credit card information in our system.
12. How can I record a purchase that isn’t in my back office system?
To manually record a purchase, follow the steps in this article: https://maven.helpscoutdocs.com/article/12-recording-purchases-manually
13. How do I setup AMI to allow me to message my contacts on Facebook Messenger?
Follow the steps in this article: https://maven.helpscoutdocs.com/article/76-setting-up-facebook-messenger
14. I'm an iPhone user. When I tap the Email contact option, my preferred email address doesn't appear in the From field options. How do I setup the Mail app to use the correct email address?
Make sure you have downloaded and configured the default Apple Mail app for your iPhone. Apple does not allow apps to send emails without using the Mail app. Follow the steps in this article to ensure this is set up properly: https://maven.helpscoutdocs.com/article/53-configuring-email
15. How do I get To Dos to show up?
To Dos are generated automatically based on a timeframe you create. To view or modify your To Do schedule, read this article. You may not be receiving reminders to follow up with customers on past orders because you don't have any recent purchases to trigger follow ups or because you have not added orders to your customers' purchase history.
16. I’m not getting notifications every day to complete my To Dos. Where do I set that up?
To Dos work off of past events related to your leads and customers -- whether samples given, orders placed, or reach outs to past customers or leads. If you aren't receiving To Dos, we recommend using AMI to generate more customers leads, sending samples, and sharing product recommendations to potential or new customers.
17. I'm a Team Manager. Can I see my team in Sell with AMI?
18. Can AMI help me create invoices for my customers?
We plan to build in payment-related functionality soon. Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas!
19. What's up with all the pineapples?
An apple a day might keep the doctor away, but a pineapple a day keeps the business flowing. Here at Sell with AMI, we believe pineapples embody our entrepreneurial, strong, and sometimes sassy social sellers who are always ready to stand tall, wear a crown, be sweet on the inside, and tough on the outside. #poweredbyami
20. What is the best way to send your team feedback or report a bug?
Here are all the different ways to reach out to our team.