Recording Purchases Manually
Manually record a purchase in AMI when back office syncing is not an option or when a client makes an inventory purchase. Recording an order ensures you never forget to follow-up with a customer thanks to AMI's 2-2-2 automated follow-ups.
Why you may need to manually record a customer's purchase in AMI
- Your company does not have a Partnership with AMI, therefore back office syncing is not an option.
- Your customer bought something from your personal inventory, so the purchase was not captured in your back office.
- You sell for your own company or your company's catalog is not supported within the app. Personal products and inventory can be manually added.
How to record a purchase in AMI
- Navigate to the Contacts tab.
- Either search or scroll for the given contact who has made a purchase.
- Select the contact by tapping on their name.
- Once the contact is visible, click on the teal circle with the + sign
- The resulting screen displays two options: 1) Record Purchase or 2) Record Sample. Tap the Record Purchase button.
- Begin searching for the name of the first product the customer purchased. When the product appears, tap to add it to the order.
- Continue repeating Step 6 until all products purchased have been selected. *Note that if the customer bought more than one of the same item, this can be documented in the next screen.
- Once all products have been added, tap the Complete Record button.
- Review details of the order in the next screen. Today's date appears as the default purchase date, but you can update it if necessary. You can also update the quantity or price of any product. *Note that the default price will be the standard catalog price of each product.
- Once the order has been reviewed, tap the Confirm Order button.
- You will be navigated back to the Contact screen. The new order will appear in the contact's Activity Timeline tab in the appropriate chronological order with the most recent activity at the very top.